Getting a great breakfast in Abuja shouldn’t be so much of a hassle when we are here to help you make a fine selection. So, we have shared the following tips and information with you in this article.
Isn’t it true that our mornings make or break our day? The way we start our mornings usually affects the rest of the day, so it’s important to have a good day by starting your mornings fresh, happy, and healthy. Breakfast is so important for starting the day off healthy. We have heard this so many times. We are all busy with our hectic schedules, and many of us cannot take enough time to prepare a sumptuous breakfast the first thing in the morning.
According to Experts
According to many health experts, starting off your morning with a cup of warm water and a handful of nuts is a great way to kick start your day. When we get up in the morning, our bodies are boosted up and able to function properly throughout the day.
Among the benefits of almonds and walnuts, they provide us with protein and improve our HDL levels when consumed on an empty stomach.
Brazil nuts, cashews, hazelnuts, pine nuts, and pistachios – consumed on an empty stomach increase the PH of the stomach and few people may have an allergic reaction. In addition, it contains vitamins, protein, and antioxidants. In other words, it’s better to eat these for breakfast or as an evening snack.
Why are nuts a great choice to include in your breakfast in Abuja?
Keeping aside the fact that nuts are tasty and nutritious here are few more reasons why nuts are a great way tostart your day:
- Nuts are filling, and even though they are high in calories they still help in preventing weight gain when consumed empty stomach, early in the morning.
- Nuts are also very high in magnesium, potassium and heart-healthy monounsaturated fat.
- They are also known to have many types of macronutrients like iron, vitamins, minerals, calcium, omega-3 fatty acids, unsaturated fatty acids and many other micronutrients such as copper, manganese, magnesium, potassium, and zinc. Hence, they are also called power generating foods.
- Studies have also shown that some of the highest antioxidant levels of all plant foods are found in nuts. Antioxidants are very important to fights inflammation as well as to avoid cell and tissue damage.
- Nuts are also high in beneficial fiber which helps you in feeling full and hence reduces your calorie intake.
- Nuts are also rich in fiber, healthy fats, vitamins, and minerals.
- Nuts are also known to have a remarkable impact on Cholesterol and triglyceride levels.
- Nuts have even been studied to reduce heart disease risk, insulin resistance, cancer, and inflammation.
- They also improve blood-sugar control, hence also reduced the risk of Diabetes.
- Soaked almonds are full of necessary vitamins and minerals. When almonds are soaked, their nutrient value enhances.
Nuts are, therefore, not just tasty but also very beneficial and convenient. You can eat them irrespective of your diet. However, since nuts are also high in fats, they are best consumed in the morning. If you have nuts at any other time of the day, it is advised to have them at different intervals.
Wondering where to have the next breakfast in Abuja, we have got you covered. Try this! CLICK HERE